Amazonite, sometimes called “Amazon Stone” is a beautiful light to blue green variety of microcline feldspar. Although feldspars are one of the most abundant minerals in the earth’s crust, the green variety of Amazonite is a rare occurrence. A mystery for many years, it is now believed that the green color comes small quantities of lead and water in the feldspar.
Amazonite crystallizes at relatively low temperatures so that the potassium feldspar (the Amazonite) and the sodium feldspar (albite) separate into green and whiter “shiny” layers or bands.
This shiny quality of Amazonite that makes it such a beautiful crystal is called “Schiller”. Schiller is a form of iridescence and is a result of light reflecting off different planes within the crystal structure of the mineral.
Thought to be named after the Amazon River of South America, Amazonite is actually not found there although much of it does come from Brazil. Other deposits can be found in Colorado (USA), Russia and Madagascar.
Healing Uses of Amazonite
Amazonite has a powerful filtering action and its healing uses include:
- blocks geopathic stress, absorbs microwave and cell phone emanations
- protects against electromagnetic pollution
- extremely soothing stone – calms the brain and nervous system
- aligns your physical body with the etheric, helping you to maintain optimum health
- balances masculine and feminine energies as well as many other aspects of your personality
- helps you to see both sides of a problem or different points of view
- soothes emotional trauma
- alleviates worry and fear
- dispels negative energy and aggravation
- heals and opens the Throat Chakra and Heart Chakra to enhance loving communication and assist in manifesting universal love
- opens the Third Eye Chakra and stimulates intuition
- dissipates negative energy and blockages within the nervous system
- beneficial for osteoporosis, tooth decay, calcium deficiencies and calcium deposits – balancing the metabolic causes of these conditions
- relieves muscle spasms